On 29/04/2024 21:06, Ranier Vilela wrote:
Em seg., 29 de abr. de 2024 às 14:56, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinn...@iki.fi <mailto:hlinn...@iki.fi>> escreveu:

    On 29/04/2024 20:10, Ranier Vilela wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > With TLS 1.3 and others there is possibly a security flaw using
    ALPN [1].

     > It seems to me that the ALPN protocol can be bypassed if the
    client does
     > not correctly inform the ClientHello header.
     >
     > So, the suggestion is to check the ClientHello header in the
    server and
     > terminate the TLS handshake early.

    Sounds to me like it's working as designed. ALPN in general is
    optional;
    if the client doesn't request it, then you proceed without it. We do
    require ALPN for direct SSL connections though. We can, because direct
    SSL connections is a new feature in Postgres. But we cannot require it
    for the connections negotiated with SSLRequest, or we break
    compatibility with old clients that don't use ALPN.

Ok.
But what if I have a server configured for TLS 1.3 and that requires ALPN to allow access?
What about a client configured without ALPN requiring connection?

Sorry, I don't understand the questions. What about them?

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)