Thank you for your quick response.

This was very helpfull and resolved my problem.

But for me it is a bit counterintuitive that -32768 is not treated as a
negative constant but as a unary operator to a positive constant.

It could be helpfull to remind the user of the nature of negative constants and
tthe highest precedence of casts in the numeric type section of the doc.

Perhaps someone could add an index topic "precedence of operators", since this
is a very important information for every computer language.

(I just found out that a topic of "operator precedence" exists already in the

I just sent this message for the case this could be a problem to be resolved
before the next minor versions scheduled for next week.

Regards

Hans Buschmann