commandFailed: I'm not thrilled by the added boolean, which is partially
redundant with the second argument.

Do you mean that it is partially redundant with the argument "cmd" and, for example, the meta commands errors always do not cause the abortions of the client?

Yes. And also I'm not sure we should want this boolean at all.

Perhaps we can use a separate function to print the messages about client's abortion, something like this (it is assumed that all abortions happen when processing SQL commands):

static void
clientAborted(CState *st, const char *message)

Possibly.

Or perhaps we can use a more detailed failure status so for each type of failure we always know the command name (argument "cmd") and whether the client is aborted. Something like this (but in comparison with the first variant ISTM overly complicated):

I agree., I do not think that it would be useful given that the same thing is done on all meta-command error cases in the end.

--
Fabien.