Hi Peter,

On 08/16/2018 03:48 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 11:22 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.mu...@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
* groups and certain aggregates (MIN() and MAX() of suffix index
columns within each group)
* index scans where the scan key doesn't include the leading columns
(but you expect there to be sufficiently few values)
* merge joins (possibly the trickiest and maybe out of range)

FWIW, I suspect that we're going to have the biggest problems in the
optimizer. It's not as if ndistinct is in any way reliable. That may
matter more on average than it has with other path types.

Thanks for sharing this; it is very useful to know.

Best regards,
 Jesper