On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 14:39:10 +0530
Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 2:51 PM Peter Eisentraut
> <peter.eisentr...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > This is reproducible with PG11 and PG12:
> >
> > initdb -k data
> > postgres -D data
> >
> > make installcheck
> > # shut down postgres with Ctrl-C
> >
> ..
> >
> > The files in question correspond to
> >
> > hash_i4_index
> > hash_name_index
> > hash_txt_index
> >

> I have looked into this problem and found the cause of it.  This
> problem is happening for the empty page in the hash index.  On a
> split, we allocate a new splitpoint's worth of bucket pages wherein we
> initialize the last page with zero's, this is all fine, but we forgot
> to set the checksum for that last page.  Attached patch fixes the
> problem for me.
>
> Can someone try and share their findings?

I confirmed that this patch fixed the problem by setting a checksum in the last
page in hash indexes, and pg_veviry_checksum is done successfully.

regression=# select * from page_header(get_raw_page('hash_i4_index',65));
    lsn    | checksum | flags | lower | upper | special | pagesize | version |
prune_xid
 0/41CACF0 |    18720 |     0 |    24 |  8176 |    8176 |     8192 |       4 |
       0
(1 row)

By the way, I think we can fix this also by clearing the header information of
the last
page instead of setting a checksum to the unused page although I am not sure
which way
is better.

Yugo Nagata <nag...@sraoss.co.jp>