On 08/28/2018 06:10 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:

Andrew has a buildfarm module that does precisely that, although
I'm not sure what its test dataset is --- probably the regression
database from each branch.  I also have a habit of doing such testing
manually whenever I touch version-sensitive parts of pg_dump.
I've gotten better about doing that back-branch testing myself and
certainly prefer it, but I think we should also have buildfarm coverage.
I don't think we have the full matrix covered, or, really, anything
anywhere near it, so I'm looking for other options to at least get that
code exercised.

If by matrix you mean the version matrix, then the module in question covers every live branch as the source and every same or later live branch as the destination.

It could conceivably cover older branches as well - the branch names aren't actually hardcoded - I'd just have to be able to build them and do a standard buildfarm run once.

cheers

andrew