On 29/08/2018 12:13, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Here is a patch to change some struct initializations to use C99-style
designated initializers.  These are just a few particularly egregious
cases that were hard to read and write, and error prone because of many
similar adjacent types.

(The PL/Python changes currently don't compile with Python 3 because of
the situation described in the parallel thread "PL/Python: Remove use of
simple slicing API".)

Thoughts?

+1.  This is an incredible win for readability/maintainability.

One thing: I'm not sure that excluding the InvalidOid assignment in the TopTransactionStateData initializer is a good idea. That is, it's not clear that InvalidOid is 0.

NULL, false, and 0 seem like no-brainers, but maybe it would be better to explicitly include constants that we define that are not obviously 0, or maybe just all of them.

-David
da...@pgmasters.net