Hi Bertrand,

> I wonder if we should pass the copied PID to
ProcNumberGetTransactionIds() and
> validate it under ProcArrayLock, following the same idea as
> pgstat_fetch_stat_backend_by_pid()?

Yes, done in v9-0002, a new patch. pgstat_read_current_status() passes the
PID it copied, and ProcNumberGetTransactionIds() reports nothing when the
PGPROC entry holds another PID. It changes an exported function, so I
would keep it for HEAD.

> I think it would make sense to add pid at the end in the backbranches (if
we
> back patch it), as suggested in [1].

0001 fixes a misreport in 18, so I think it should go there too. v9 puts
the PID at the end of PgStat_Backend, and 0003 puts the user ID after it,
so the existing offsets do not change.

0003 is v8-0002 with only that move.'

Thanks,
Shihao

Attachment: v9-0002-Check-the-PID-when-reading-the-transaction-status.patch
Description: Binary data

Attachment: v9-0003-Make-per-backend-statistics-functions-respect-sta.patch
Description: Binary data

Attachment: v9-0001-Store-the-PID-of-a-backend-in-its-statistics-entr.patch
Description: Binary data

Reply via email to