Hi, On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 9:12 PM Sami Imseih <[email protected]> wrote: > > > That said, I checked track_wal_io_timing and it reports the > > accumulated timing even after the GUC is turned off, see > > pgstat_count_io_op_time(). IIUC, what matters there is whether timing > > was on when the start time was captured, not what it is at reporting > > time. Looking at that, I would prefer reporting the remaining > > accumulated time here too to make it complete. > > Fair enough. > > I guess this also fits better with the existing comment. > > ``` > /* Report any remaining cost-based vacuum delay time */ > ``` > > > Also, +1 to rename track_delay_timing to GUC name. > > Done. > > v2 attached.
Thanks. v2 looks good to me. pgindent and tests are happy, and the same patch applies on PG19 as well. One nit, please feel free to ignore it. VacuumUpdateCosts() prints yes/no for booleans, so on/off here could match that for consistency. AFAICS, there is no hard rule, and I am fine with it as is. -- Bharath Rupireddy Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com
