Hi,

On Thu, 1 Oct 2026 at 09:48, Michael Paquier <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 07:53:12AM +0530, Ayush Tiwari wrote:
> > I've kept the helper, but now wait for the new checkpointer to install its
> > signal handlers. The helper gets more time too.
>
> Hmm.  I am not sure that we actually need to multiply by 4 the restore
> timeout sent to the fake restore_command waiting for the shutdown.
> Isn't that somewhat betraying the default value of Utils.pm?

Ahh the 4x was just headroom for the setup waits.

> > You have a better feel for the backpatch risk here, so I'll defer to you..
>
> HEAD-only feels like better sleep for the time being woth v19 being
> close by.  Better sleep sounds always good.

Sounds good.

> I have been doing a bunch of adjustments as of the attached, and that
> seems to work properly.  The buildfarm would be the final judge; the
> CI looks OK with the new test at least.  What do you think?

Thanks for this.  The patch looks good to me.
I did multiple A/B testing and it works well.

Regards,
Ayush


Reply via email to