>> - Tab completion for \descibe-verbose.
>> I know that \d+ tab completion is also not there, but I think we must
>> have tab completion for \descibe-verbose.
>>
>> postgres=# \describe-
>> \describe-extension
>>  \describe-replication-publication         \describe-user-mapping
>> \describe-foreign-data-wrapper
>> \describe-replication-subscription        \describe-view
>> \describe-foreign-server                  \describe-role
>>           \describe-window-function
>> \describe-foreign-table                   \describe-rule

I just confirmed that there isn't tab completion for the existing S/+
options, so it's hard to justify them for the equivalent verbose suffixes.

> (1 row)
>> Invalid command \describe. Try \? for help.
>>

>> I think this status is causing the problem.
>>

>> +                                                               /*
>> standard listing of interesting things */
>> +                                                               success =
>> listTables("tvmsE", NULL, show_verbose, show_system);
>> +                                               }
>> +                                               status = PSQL_CMD_UNKNOWN;

I'll look into this, thanks!

> - Confusion about \desc and \desC
>> There is confusion while running the \desc command. I know the problem,
>> but the user may confuse by this.
>> postgres=# \desC
>>        List of foreign servers
>>  Name | Owner | Foreign-data wrapper
>> ------+-------+----------------------
>> (0 rows)
>>
>> postgres=# \desc
>> Invalid command \desc. Try \? for help.
>>
>> - Auto-completion of commands.
>> There is some more confusion in the completion of commands.
>>
>> This command shows List of aggregates.
>> postgres=# \describe-aggregate-function
>>                      List of aggregate functions
>>  Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Description
>> --------+------+------------------+---------------------+-------------
>> (0 rows)
>>

>> This command shows a list of relation "\d"
>> postgres=# \describe-aggregatE-function
>>         List of relations
>>  Schema | Name | Type  |  Owner
>> --------+------+-------+---------
>>  public | foo  | table | vagrant
>> (1 row)
>>
>> This command also shows a list of relations "\d".
>> postgres=# \describe-aggr
>>         List of relations
>>  Schema | Name | Type  |  Owner
>> --------+------+-------+---------
>>  public | foo  | table | vagrant
>> (1 row)
>>
>> This command shows error messages.
>> postgres=# \descr
>> Invalid command \descr. Try \? for help.

I will look into it.

>> I have done a brief code review except for the documentation code. I
>> don't like this code
>>
>> if (cmd_match(cmd,"describe-aggregate-function"))
>>
>>  success = describeAggregates(pattern, show_verbose, show_system);
>>                              else if (cmd_match(cmd,
>> "describe-access-method"))
>>                                  success = describeAccessMethods(pattern,
>> show_verbose);
>>                              else if (cmd_match(cmd,
>> "describe-tablespace"))
>>                                  success = describeTablespaces(pattern,
>> show_verbose);
>>                              else if (cmd_match(cmd,
>> "describe-conversion"))
>>                                  success = listConversions(pattern,
>> show_verbose, show_system);
>>                              else if (cmd_match(cmd, "describe-cast"))
>>                                  success = listCasts(pattern, show_verbose
>>

>> This can be achieved with the list/array/hash table, so I have changed
>> that code in the attached patch just for a sample if you want I can do that
>> for whole code.

There's some problems with a hash table. The function signatures vary quite
a lot, and some require additional psql_scan_slash_options to be called.
The hash option, if implemented, probably should be expanded to all slash
commands, at which point maybe it belongs in psqlscanslash.l...