On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 01:09:46PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:

I still don't know why exactly this happens, but it's clearly a real
phenomenon.  As for why Tomas Vondra couldn't see it, I'm guessing
that stacks more RAM and ~500k IOPS help a lot (essentially the
opposite end of the memory, CPU, IO spectrum from this little
machine), and Joyent's systems may be somewhere in between?

If needed, I guess I can rerun the tests with data on the SATA RAID, but
this time limit the amount of RAM to something much lower.

regards