On 17/10/2019 05:31, Amit Kapila wrote:
On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 11:20 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbal...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 7:13 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinn...@iki.fi> wrote:

On 15/10/2019 09:37, Amit Kapila wrote:
While reviewing a parallel vacuum patch [1], we noticed a few things
about $SUBJECT implemented in commit -
7df159a620b760e289f1795b13542ed1b3e13b87.

1. A new memory context GistBulkDeleteResult->page_set_context has
been introduced, but it doesn't seem to be used.

Oops. internal_page_set and empty_leaf_set were supposed to be allocated
in that memory context. As things stand, we leak them until end of
vacuum, in a multi-pass vacuum.

Here is a patch to fix this issue.

The patch looks good to me.  I have slightly modified the comments and
removed unnecessary initialization.

Heikki, are you fine me committing and backpatching this to 12?  Let
me know if you have a different idea to fix.

Thanks! Looks good to me. Did either of you test it, though, with a multi-pass vacuum?

- Heikki