On 2020/03/30 17:03, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 01:56:43PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

On 2020/03/29 15:15, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 03:42:50PM +0100, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 2:01 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fu...@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

So what I'd like to say is that the information that users are interested
in would vary on each situation and case. At least for me it seems
enough for pgss to report only the basic information. Then users
can calculate to get the numbers (like total_time) they're interested in,
from those basic information.

But of course, I'd like to hear more opinions about this...

+1

Unless someone chime in by tomorrow, I'll just drop the sum as it
seems less controversial and not a blocker in userland if users are
interested.

Done in attached v11, with also the s/querytext/query_text/ discrepancy noted
previously.

Thanks for updating the patch! But I still think query_string is better
name because it's used in other several places, for the sake of consistency.

You're absolutely right.  That's what I actually wanted to do given your
previous comment, but somehow managed to miss it, sorry about that and thanks
for fixing.

So I changed the argument name that way and commit the 0001 patch.
If you think query_text is better, let's keep discussing this topic!

Anyway many thanks for your great job!

Thanks a lot!

I also exported BufferUsageAccumDiff as mentioned previously, as it seems
clearner and will avoid future useless code churn, and run pgindent.

Many thanks!! I'm thinking to commit this part separately.
So I made that patch based on your patch. Attached.

Thanks! It looks good to me.

I also kept that part in a distinct commit for convenience.

I also pushed 0002 patch. Thanks!

I will review 0003 patch again.

And thanks for that too :)

While testing the patched pgss, I found that the patched version
may track the statements that the original version doesn't.
Please imagine the case where the following queries are executed,
with pgss.track = top.

    PREPARE hoge AS SELECT * FROM t;
    EXPLAIN EXECUTE hoge;

The pgss view returned "PREPARE hoge AS SELECT * FROM t"
in the patched version, but not in the orignal version.

Is this problematic?

Fujii Masao
NTT DATA CORPORATION
Advanced Platform Technology Group