On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 07:50:26PM -0400, James Coleman wrote:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 7:02 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 11:25:21PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 09:57:22PM +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> I've pushed the fist part of this patch series - I've reorganized it a
>
>I scanned through this again post-commit.  Find attached some suggestions.

Thanks. The typo fixes seem clear, except for this bit:

   * If we've set up either of the sort states yet, we need to reset them.
   * We could end them and null out the pointers, but there's no reason to
   * repay the setup cost, and because ???? guard setting up pivot comparator
   * state similarly, doing so might actually cause a leak.

I can't figure out what ???? should be. James, do you recall what this
should be?

Yep, it's ExecIncrementalSort. If you look for the block guarded by
`if (fullsort_state == NULL)` you'll see the call to
preparePresortedCols(), which sets up the pivot comparator state
referenced by this comment.

OK, so it should be "... and because ExecIncrementalSort guard ..."?

regards