On 1/8/21 12:52 AM, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:
Hi,

On 2021/01/08 0:56, Tomas Vondra wrote:
On 1/7/21 3:47 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On 2021-Jan-07, Tomas Vondra wrote:

On 1/7/21 1:46 AM, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:

I overlooked the check for MCV in the logic building query
because I created the patch as a new feature on PG14.
I'm not sure whether we should do back patch or not. However, I'll
add the check on the next patch because it is useful if you decide to
do the back patch on PG10, 11, 12, and 13.

BTW perhaps a quick look at the other \d commands would show if there are
precedents. I didn't have time for that.

Yes, we do promise that new psql works with older servers.

Yeah, makes sense. That means we need add the check for 12 / MCV.

Ah, I got it.
I fixed the patch to work with older servers to add the checking versions. And I tested \dX command on older servers (PG10 - 13).
These results look fine.

0001:
      Added the check code to handle pre-PG12. It has not MCV and
       pg_statistic_ext_data.
0002:
      This patch is the same as the previous patch (not changed).

Please find the attached files.

OK, thanks. I'll take a look and probably push tomorrow. FWIW I plan to squash the patches into a single commit.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company