On 1/17/21 2:41 AM, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) wrote:
Hi, hackers.

I tested this committed feature.
It doesn't seem to be available to non-superusers due to the inability to
access pg_statistics_ext_data.
Is this the expected behavior?

Hmmm, that's a good point. Bummer we haven't noticed that earlier.

I wonder what the right fix should be - presumably we could do something like pg_stats_ext (we can't use that view directly, because it formats the data, so the sizes are different).

But should it list just the stats the user has access to, or should it list everything and leave the inaccessible fields NULL?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company