On 2021-03-04 21:55, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 10:43 AM torikoshia <torikos...@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
Since the current patch use BackendPidGetProc(), it does not
support this feature not only postmaster, logging, and
statistics but also checkpointer, background writer, and
walwriter.

And when I specify pid of these PostgreSQL processes, it
says "PID xxxx is not a PostgreSQL server process".

I think it may confuse users, so it might be worth
changing messages for those PostgreSQL processes.
AuxiliaryPidGetProc() may help to do it.

Exactly this was the doubt I got when I initially reviewed this patch.
And I felt it should be discussed in a separate thread, you may want
to update your thoughts there [1].

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACW7Rr-R7mBcBQiXWPp%3DJV5chajjTdudLiF5YcpW-BmHhg%40mail.gmail.com

Thanks!