> > In the past I have found that kaffe did not handle enough java code for
> > my needs, but that was not for the JDBC driver. I am currently using
> > jikes for my projects, and it produces *nice* code in my experience.
> Jikes is open source, right?  I know it is available for Red Hat (ships
> with it on one of the applications CD's,IIRC.) How does a Jikes-built
> JDBC sound to people?  Ormaybe I don't understand the Java Way well
> enough to decide. Gotta learn it a little....

For the RPM, you should be able to build JDBC with whatever compiler
produces reliable, quality code. jikes is one good candidate imho.

Not sure if the configure info for JDBC looks for choices of compiler,
or if you can specify the compiler for the build. I can look into it,
but am not sure how one interacts with ant (we are using ant to do the
Java build now, right??) or if ant handles it already.

                     - Thomas