Thomas Lockhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I'm not a big fan of the trend to fork off a mailing list anytime more
> than a few messages on a single topic come through. The synergy and
> cross-pollination that we get by having us all see various topics wrt
> development far outweigh the minor annoyance to some on having to delete
> topics they don't find interesting.

That's my feeling also.  There's a considerable downside to fragmenting
the PG discussions across multiple lists: not only that people may miss
stuff that they should have seen, but also the increased probability
that messages will be sent to the wrong lists to begin with.

We should only split off new lists when the volume gets to the point of
being absolutely intolerable --- which the RPM stuff is not.  The Cygwin
stuff might be sufficiently specialized that it can survive as a
separate list, but I thought that was a marginal call at best.