> Sure, we can do that now.  What do we do when these are the default file
> systems for Linux?  We can tell them to create other types of file

What is a 'default file system' ? I know that untill now, everybody is using
ext2. But that's only because there hasn't been anything comparable. Now we
se ReiserFS, and my SuSE installation offers the choice. In the future, I
believe that people can choose from ext2, ReiserFS,xfs, ext3 and maybe more.

> systems, but that is a pretty big hurdle.  I wonder if it would be
> easier to get reiser/xfs to make some modifications.

No, I don't think it's a big hurdle. If you just want to play with
PostgreSQL, you wont care. If you're serious, you'll repartition.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]