Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The main proposal deliberately has few, if any, knobs and dials. That's
a point of philosophy that I've had views on previously: my normal
stance is that we need some knobs to allow the database to be tuned to
individual circumstances.

One thought I had back then, with partitioned tables was "gee -- B-tree
index is already doing a partition; why do a manual partition on top of
that?".

Well, that's why I'm so focused on manageability: I think the primary purpose of partitioning is manageability (of the underlying storage for a table).

Regards

Markus

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster