Tom Lane wrote:
Gregory Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I've never heard any
complaints about building svn from source before for *developers*. I think
that's just as easy as anything else.

[ shrug... ]  The message I quoted was from Bob Friesenhahn, who is
certainly a competent C programmer.  If it took him half a day to
install SVN from scratch, I'm prepared to believe it's not trivial.
At the very least, I suggest you replicate the experiment before
asserting you know more about it than someone who's tried.

I've built it from source several times, and it's certainly not taken half a day. It took quite a while to build, but it wasn't hard to do at all.

Goes to replicate the experiment, not to argue for or against any of the products.

//Magnus

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq