"Brendan Jurd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> As discussed on -hackers, I'm trying to get rid of some redundant code
> by creating a widely useful set of functions to convert between text
> and C string in the backend.

Applied with revisions --- the functions were modified as per recent
discussion, and I fixed a lot more potential call sites.

There are no textout/textin calls left, but I may have missed some
places that were doing it the hard way with direct palloc/memcpy
manipulations.  It might be worth trolling all the VARDATA() references
to see if any more are easily replaceable.

I notice in particular that xfunc.sgml contains sample C functions to
copy and concatenate text.  While these aren't directly replaceable
with the new functions, I wonder whether we ought to change the examples
to make them less certain to break if we ever change text's
representation.