David Fetter wrote:
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 06:00:33PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
I, too, would be happy to do the legwork on this one.  I believe
we'd want to have both per-db and per-role settings for
search_path.  What's involved with creating that latter?
Proper support for module install / uninstall will be a far better
solution. Why would you wast your time on something that will be at
best half-baked?

Maybe I'm missing something big, but I don't quite see what
constitutes "proper" that doesn't involve the module's having at least
one schema to itself.  Does this mean we'd be freezing modules in
their first-deployed form?  It seems to me that DROP SCHEMA ...
CASCADE is just the right level of modularity combined with
flexibility post-installation.

ISTM that "uninstall foomodule" will be a whole lot nicer.

If we record all the objects that the module contains, then we would just drop them.

The module could involve one schema, or several schemas, or none.

Maybe that's the "something big".

cheers

andrew