Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I get the following display now when I connect to a non-running server, all default settings:

psql: pg_krb5_init: krb5_cc_get_principal: No credentials cache found
could not connect to server: No such file or directory

Hmm ... a few of the buildfarm machines have failed like that too in
recent days, but it's inconsistent (only one or two of the regression
tests fail that way, typically).  Does yours fail always?

Nothing has changed about when it fails, only the extra krb error message before the usual error messages (could not connect, server is starting up) are new. This probably has something to do with Magnus's work on concatenating rather than hiding error messages across multiple passes.

I see this on Mac and Linux, so it should be reproducible with any Kerberos-enabled build.