Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I think the solution is to have each large object have its own
> ResourceOwner, and store the snapshot in it.  Otherwise the snapshot is
> left in the calling query's resowner, which is not good.

That's not gonna scale to transactions that touch lots of large objects
(think pg_dump).  Also it seems like it would be arbitrarily altering
the past behavior of LOs.  Why don't they just use the calling query's
snapshot (which I think is what the historical behavior is, though I'm
too lazy to check right now)?