Hi,

I hope I'm not disturbing hackers at work by talking about completely
unrelated things but...

Le mardi 09 décembre 2008, Tom Lane a écrit :
> I think we need something closer to the postmaster signal multiplexing
> mechanism, wherein there is a dedicated shared memory area of static
> layout that holds the signaling flags.  And it needs to be driven off
> of knowing the target's PID, not anything else.

...this makes me recall IMessage Queues from Postgres-R, reworked by Markus to
follow your advices about postmaster and shared memory.
  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-07/msg01420.php

Could it be the implementation we need for multiplexing signals from one
backend some others?

Regards,
--
dim