Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:

> Then Debian is (surprise!) not doing the smartest thing. Not using the logging
> collector means you miss several possible advantages, including CSV logs and
> protection against multiplexed log lines.

Well it's not the smartest thing by your set of priorities. Debian's
priorities are generally to have all packages behave in consistent ways. In
particular it's very useful to be able to guarantee that all log files will go
to the same place and be governed by a single set of policies defined in a
single place.

--
  Gregory Stark