Andrew Chernow wrote:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

Ah, OK, so it does its own cleanup on last close, great. I agree a
connection option for this would be good.

What would the option be? "wsainit = [enable | disable]"? Maybe it should allow setting the version to load: "wsa_version = 2.0". Maybe the two should be combined: "wsa_version = [default | disable | 2.0]".

I will say, the cleanest solution is still an optional init()/uninit() for libpq. Has this been ruled out? IMHO, the next best solution is a connection option.

What happened to the idea of counting connections? That seemed a relatively clean way to go, I thought, although I haven't followed the discussion very closely.

cheers

andrew