Simon Riggs wrote:
I did want you to commit those changes, but that was 8 days ago and much
has changed since then. Now, I'm slightly worried that this may be a
retrograde step. The last 3 days I've been refactoring the code to
account for other requirements, as I have been discussing, and some of
these things have now changed. Though the general pattern of your
suggested refactoring remains the same.

I figured there's possibly some further changes, but the general idea to move the responsibility of restoring backup blocks to the redo function should remain the same.

Can we plan a move to GIT? We can both work on things at the same time
and my changes can be more visible. There will be some initial pain...

Sure, just go ahead and publish a repository. Or would you like me to apply the patches and publish a repository you can clone from? Perhaps that would be easier since I'm already familiar with GIT.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas