Pavel Stehule wrote:
2009/2/16 Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com> writes:
Next sample of parser hook using:
attachment contains module that transform every empty string to null.
I am not sure, if this behave is exactly compatible with Oracle,
Surely a parser hook like this would have nothing whatsoever to do
with Oracle's behavior.

                       regards, tom lane

it's maybe too much simple :). It is sample that have to show possibility.

I'd be quite interested to support some kind of hook to deal with this Oracle null issue. It would be a great help for porting projects.

However, doing this properly is probably more complex and needs further thought. I'd suggest writing a type of regression test first for Oracle null behavior and then evaluating any kind of hook or hack against that.