Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> writes:
> I'd be quite interested to support some kind of hook to deal with this
> Oracle null issue.  It would be a great help for porting projects.

> However, doing this properly is probably more complex and needs further
> thought.  I'd suggest writing a type of regression test first for Oracle
> null behavior and then evaluating any kind of hook or hack against that.

AFAIK, the Oracle behavior is just about entirely unrelated to the
parser --- it's a matter of runtime comparison behavior.  It is
certainly *not* restricted to literal NULL/'' constants, which is the
only case that a parser hack can deal with.

There's some interesting comments here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/203493/why-does-oracle-9i-treat-an-empty-string-as-null