Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> writes:
I think this sounds a lot like another request for a set of system views
with nicer names.

What's the state of the newsysviews project, anyway?  I don't recall
hearing much about it lately.

Final verdict was that we need to make it integrate better with information_schema. At that point, our crew kinda ran out of energy and it's been on hold ever since. But we've been talking about reviving it again.

However, given the previous experience, I think we'd like some reassurance that if NewSysviews was made conistent with information_schema (and had good code, of course) that Hackers would be interested in taking it. What nobody has any enthusiasm for is spending a few dozen hours refactoring it, and then having to justify why we want it *again*.

--Josh