On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Joshua D. Drake <j...@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>> I assume you'll be putting in the weeks/months of work required to fix
>> pgAdmin & phpPgAdmin which would be far better spent on new features
>> than uglifying the code in far nastier ways than the current state of
>> the catalogs?
>
> *Shrug* long term consistency is the better choice.

Easy to say if you're not one of the people for whom such a change
would mean weeks of recoding, the need to start QA'ing everything from
scratch again and a hideous mess of code to cope with after adding
support for a new version with a different catalog schema.

Besides - what percentage of users ever go anywhere near the
catalogs? I'd guess a fraction of a percent of users, and maybe 1 - 5%
of developers.

--
Dave Page