On 11 Apr 2009, at 13:33, Hitoshi Harada wrote:

Maybe trigger functions should be displayed separately too than ?

You don't catch the point. The aggregate entries in pg_proc have
prosrc = 'aggregate_dummy', which means they're dummy and the entities
are stored in pg_aggregate. Triggers in pg_proc are dummy? No, they
are actually plain functions with trigger return type.

yes, that's from strictly insider's point of view. Based on the implementation of that in postgresql, but you guys talk about user perspective, after all - psql is for users, not only for postgresql hackers. So the better question would be, can you use window, aggregate, trigger functions the same way other procedures ? I guess the answer is no :) Hence, if classify - than I would suggest to do it completely and fair, and not judge it only from postgresql-hacker perspective.

I am hardly the postgresql-hacker myself, so it is my opinion from user perspective, that also understands where your opinion comes from.