On 19 Apr 2009, at 17:42, Tom Lane wrote:

The attached proposed patch rips out plpgsql's handling of comments and
string literals, and puts in scanner rules that are extracted from the
core lexer (but simplified in a few places where we don't need all the
complexity).  The net user-visible effects should be:

Comments?

Will it also mean, that queries are going to be analyzed deeper ?
Ie, afaik I am able now to create plpgsql function, that tries to run query accessing non existent table, or columns. Or, if I rename column/table/relation now, views, etc are getting updated - but not plpgsql functions. Will that change with your patch ?