Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > I would love to get out of the release-note-writing business, but I
> > can't imagine how such a document could be written incrementally, so it
> > is logical that I would want some kind of test to see that the method I
> > didn't think would work would actually work.
>
> What about Robert's suggested method of simply checking the incremental
> version against the commit logs?  Then you'd only be writing what was
> actually missed, rather than writing everything and then checking it.

I don't see why it is a problem to have folks creating incremental
release notes and having me create some for 8.5 to test against?  This
is how we have automated other processes --- you do as good a job as I
do and I stop doing the job.  It seems it would be me wasting my time to
validate you work, but I am willing to do it.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us