Greg Smith wrote:

The Linux kernel developers are very clear that they don't care one bit about testing for stability or lack of data loss in any system-oriented way. That's somebody else's job now, typically the Linux distributor who decides which of the kernels floating around are the most stable, hopefully running more and larger tests than the kernel developers do.

Right. And we are not in any position to do that, even if we wanted to. The Linux kernel is a great example of how we don't want to do it, IMNSHO. We need to enhance our testing to preserve our reputation for stability and reliability, not throw the responsibility over the fence.

cheers

andrew