Josh Berkus wrote:
> I can't find information about HTTPD release planning so I'll take your
> word for it.  On the other hand, I have to point out that Apache is
> releasing HTTPD major versions an average of once every 3 years.  I
> don't think we want to go to 3 years, do we?

I'd say it depends on the flexibility of some hypothetical future
module layer.

If I understand right, much of the functionality in apache comes
from modules - and those modules that are under heavy development
may have different release cycles.

I realize this doesn't work for many of the big features; but some
of those seem to have over 1 year development cycles anyway.