--On 1. Oktober 2009 17:22:06 -0400 Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@commandprompt.com> wrote:

- The patch as is has still some locking problems (AlterRoleSet()
has a XXX about that): I've managed to create dead entries for a
role or a database in pg_db_role_setting while altering and dropping
a role/database in two concurrent sessions.

Yeah, I was playing with that too.  I think we need a few extra
LockSharedObject calls, and not only in the new code :-(  (This troubles
me in the case of databases, because we already grab a lock on it during
connection establishing, so this could cause extra contention there.)

I have marked the patch as "Ready For Committer", so it can be taken by a committer to help to resolve the remaining locking issue. There seems no other issues left. If this is too hasty, i can set it back to whatever you think its appropriate.

--
Thanks

        Bernd