On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As to #3, that's obviously gotta be fixed.  If we're to further
> consider this patch for this CommitFest, that fixing needs to happen
> pretty soon.

Since it has been 6 days since I posted this and more than 2 weeks
since the problem was found, I am moving this patch to returned with
feedback.

If it is resubmitted for the next CommitFest, please change the
subject line to something like "lock_timeout GUC" so that it will
match what the patch actually does.  I think we have consensus that a
GUC is the way to go here, and the feature seems to have enough
support.  Investigating a set-GUC-for-this-statement-only feature also
seems to have some support, but that would be a separate patch and not
necessary to satisfy the OP's use case.

...Robert