Robert Haas wrote:
I'm not saying that we don't
want to provide the means to do this, but writeable CTEs alone aren't
meant to handle this.

Well, I think a patch to implement writeable CTEs is probably going to
have to handle this case - I don't think we can just ignore rewrite
rules when processing a CTE.  But it does seem to be beyond the scope
of the current patch.

My use of "this" was a bit ambiguous here; what I meant was that
writeable CTEs are going to work just like a top-level INSERT ..
RETURNING would have, i.e. return only rows inserted to "project".

I'm going to go ahead and mark this Ready for Committer.  Thanks for
your patience.

Thanks for reviewing!

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja