"Kevin Grittner" <kevin.gritt...@wicourts.gov> writes:
> Is this related to issue 4593?

No, not directly.  Now that locking is done in a separate plan node,
we could think about addressing #4593 by switching the order of the
LockRows and Sort plan nodes, but that has nothing to do with how
well EvalPlanQual works.

I was planning to start a separate thread discussing whether to do that,
but it's a bit moot until we have a fix for EvalPlanQual --- at least
one of the possible answers is to throw out EvalPlanQual altogether and
do something else, in which case LockRows might go away again.