Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Here's an example that exercises those paths:

> postgres=# SELECT 'aa' NOT SIMILAR TO 123;
> ERROR:  function pg_catalog.similar_escape(integer, unknown) does not exist
> LINE 1: SELECT 'aa' NOT SIMILAR TO 123;
>                                    ^
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
> need to add explicit type casts.
> postgres=# SELECT 'aa' SIMILAR TO 123;
> ERROR:  function pg_catalog.similar_escape(integer, unknown) does not exist
> LINE 1: SELECT 'aa' SIMILAR TO 123;
>                     ^
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
> need to add explicit type casts.
> postgres=#

> I think the former error location is better.

FWIW, I like the second one better, and if you check around you'll find
that it matches most other similar stuff, eg

regression=# select 12 like 34;
ERROR:  operator does not exist: integer ~~ integer
LINE 1: select 12 like 34;
                  ^
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need
to add explicit type casts.

I think the current coding probably is just a typo, but hadn't gotten
around to doing anything about it.