On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 08:46 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Organizing contributors on a project like this is like herding cats.
> Threats and penalties are unlikely to be effective.

People have spoken against this because of the enforcement issue. If we
talk about this like we were suggesting hands be removed, then sure,
everybody will be against it. If we enforce it like we do other rules,
such as "if your patch is late, we bump to next commit fest". That is
"enforced in a draconian manner" but nobody thinks that is bad. If you
imagine the suggestion with a softer focus, where we each act in a way
that respects the need for an action that needs to happen, then it will
work.