Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > It would seem like we ought to try the one-liner patch Magnus proposed
> > (ie flip the default) and see what the effects are, before we go with
> > the much larger patch Bruce wrote.
>
> OK, done --- let the breakage begin.  (I will be monitoring the build
> farm and will work with Andrew Dunstan on any issues.)

OK, only Unixware and OpenBSD went red on the buildfarm with threading
enabled, so I have applied the more complete patch to enable thread
safety on clients by default, e.g. doc changes.

Andrew Dunstan is going to contact those build farm members so they use
--disable-thread-safety.  He has also agreed to update the buildfarm to
detect this new option behavior.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us