* Robert Haas (robertmh...@gmail.com) wrote:
> > Allow me to assist- y is never in a structure once you're out of the
> > parser:
>
> Well this is why you're writing the patch and not me.  :-)

Sure, just trying to explain why your suggestion isn't quite the
direction that probably makes the most sense..  At least for args which
come from the parser.

> What exactly do you mean by a SubOID?  I'm not really following that part.

Sorry, it's basically things like attnum, check the dependency code for
example usage.  It's "this is something we need to track due to
dependencies but it's at a level below OID", or perhaps "a component of
an object which has an OID"- specifically: a column of a table.  The
table has an OID, but the column does not.  To uniquely identify the
column you need both the OID and the 'SubOID'/attnum.

        Thanks,

                Stephen