On Jan 5, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:

> So you're suggesting SP::foo(...) _always_ executes foo(...) via bunch
> of spi_* calls. Umm. I thought performance was a major driving factor.
> Sounds like you're more keen on syntactic sugar.

I'm saying do both. Make the cached version the one that will be used most
often, but make available a second version that doesn't cache so that you get
the sugar and the polymorphic dispatch. Such would only have to be used in
cases where there is more than one function that takes the same number of
arguments. The rest of the time -- most of the time, that is -- one can use the
cached version.

Best,

David