Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
I don't understand that phrase "call SPI with the right arguments for the type of function you're currently in". What calls that we make from plperl code would have different arguments depending on the volatility of the function?

eg, in plperl_spi_exec,

        spi_rv = SPI_execute(query, current_call_data->prodesc->fn_readonly,
                             limit);

OK, but won't that automatically supply the value from the function called from postgres, which will be the right thing? i.e. if postgres calls S which direct-calls V which calls SPI_execute(), the value of current_call_data->prodesc->fn_readonly in the call above will be supplied from S, not V, since S will be at the top of the plperl call stack.

cheers

andrew